RESTORATION AND EXPANSION OF A DECOMMISSIONED VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
- In October of 2012 we were contacted by IT of a municipality interested in our solution, concerning the renovation and maintenance of surveillance systems.
From a first analysis, we found that the system was made up of n.19 Axis IP cameras, with n.18 fixed model 221 and n.1 PTZ 215 model, distributed across campus schools and cities; the system was not used because it totally does not work.
The plant was run by a surveillance video software installed on physical HP servers schools and the campus was connected with a wireless link with technologically obsolete equipment.
Starting from the clean and precise control of each camera, the server checks and interconnection of network devices, we performed a more detailed analysis of the plant status, noting all the problems that impeded its proper functioning. The criticality resulted distributed throughout the system and peripheral power switch and radio failure and obsolete equipment, LAN distribution network with a variety of problems with software and servers use limited and too complex to manage by the customer.
- Therefore we proceeded with the replacement of the power supply of the cameras fault, inputting POE switch where possible and considering the appropriate measures to protect against electric shock where needed. Also we decided to replace the radio equipment and to adapt the network with separation from other services through a dedicated VLAN. Finally, we replaced the old software with an updated version of Milestone XProtect Enterprise, making available the display service also on smartphones.
- Today, after four years of implementation and maintenance, the facility is composed of a total of 40 Axis cameras and Avigilon: 36 to protect the town hall, schools and info-point, and 4 used as a webcam at some beaches.
To connect sites on the territory we have therefore developed a hiperlan network, on which we also pass the traffic of other services such as IP telephony, Weather Station, Information panels, Hot Spot Wi-Fi, always on separate networks.
A video surveillance software was reinstalled on a virtual server added to a VMware vSphere infrastructure with all the security cameras in continuous recording and storing images on a dedicated NAS. Webcams provide images to the site of the City, together with the data collected from a small weather station, which we entered at a beach.
The system is also fully managed and controlled with an SNMP monitoring software which provides an immediate alert in case of malfunction of any device or active duty.
ADVICE AND ASSISTANCE TO MIGRATION AVAYA VOIP SYSTEM WITH HARNESS ADJUSTEMENT
- Under construction ...
ADAPTATION AND GROWTH OF THE IT SYSTEM OF A PUBLIC BODY
- The IT of the Sardinian municipality for which we implemented the video surveillance system (vedi sopra) re-contacts us for problems with the computer system.
After the inspection we have a clearer idea of the structure of the system which is totally inappropriate.
It is in fact made up of 20 PC for 40 users, a DB backup of the one physical server in their possession and a security system with antivirus from different suppliers and with no management policy. Furthermore we find an entirely inhomogeneous network cabling and a general failure of the network part.
- Our intervention is necessary as the upcoming expansion to some remote sites.
We begin with the adaptation and certification of cabling, the increase of the network through the switch replacement and the creation of VLAN with new management policies. Replace the only server expanding the structure with two other physical hosts and their virtualization in VMWare environment.
We create an environment active directory and a backup task for all data, including of applications and user profiles. Finally we enable centralized management of both the backup, with possibility of data and systems recovery, which antivirus strengthened by Kaspersky Security Center and we introduce perimeter security with UTM Watchguard.
- At the moment the system has been expanded to 45 PCs spread over three different locations with perimeter antivirus and centralized security.
The offices have been equipped with 3 physical servers equipped with Vsphere and numerous virtual servers on which we regularly carry out the backup of all servers, data users and domains.
NETWORK & CABLING
ADVICE FOR ADAPTING LINES IN ORDER TO REDUCE COSTS AND OPTIMIZE RESOURCES
- Under construction ...